Samstag, 10. Mai 2014

Something I have to mention

In dogschool yesterday I got some imput I forgot to mention.

I'm now differntiating 2 kinds of treats: easy to chew and longer lasting treats. The first for just telling well done go on and the second one well done and calm down. I use them whenever I recognise that stress level rises.

A perfect Saturday goes on.
Had a little bit longer lunch walk today. Started with free shaping when Lisbeth started to search for soemthing to do. And left home for a walk. Short part on leash followed by short part off leash at the grassland. Lisbeth was a little bit distressed because you could hear speakers from the sports arena. So used a lot of my long lasting treats and tossed some treats on the ground for searching. Continued our walk to the main square of my little town. Met some strangers had to use liverpaté to keep Lisbeth beyond her treshold. Hearing other dogs bark followed by one dog on leash next to a bike was too much. She was no longer able to eat anything. Should have returned earlier. but luckily no real arousal. So I sat down on a bench near by tossed some treats and gave her a little chew. Supprisingly she calmed down. A little bit stressed we continued our walk using a lot of treats ans liver paté to avoid distress. Lisbeth was nearly perfect. Met another stranger and she was able to calm her down and search treats on the ground. I was so proud!
Back on the grassland short period of leash again and finished our walk with a bycicle passing by without arousal (but liver paté). Was a lot of stress but a lot to learn for both of us!
Lisbeth is happily sleeping again - so time for me to return to writing!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen