Freitag, 9. Mai 2014

Perfect Saturday morning!

Today it's Saturday but I have to write for my PhD. So not too much time for my dog.

Got up at 7am had a little peeing round and did some clicker training at home (about 10min). Lisbeth got something to chew. After a while she was finished with chewing but wanted to dig the remaining part of the chew in my sofa. I hate this!!! So I started a new strategy. Got different chewis, more than she can eat at once and hide them in a box. She immidiatly was interested and ate about 2-3 of the chewis but only the ones hat are easier to chew. And then she went off, no digging. Yes!! Point for me! But I have to observe if it is working on a long run!

Then she visited me at the table. Greeted her and gave her little attention. She started chewing the table. I already tried ignoring before which was not very helpful. Also telling her that it is not okay to chew the table but she can chew something else... So I have a new strategy. I already knew that she stops chewing when I leave the room but she is not following. So I decided to leave and ignore her for chewing. Had to repeat this about 5 times but again a win for me she finally layed down on her place. Chewed a little bit on her pillow, which I definitely can ignore and finally fall asleep!

So 2 wins for me and a sleeping dog! Perfect Saturday morning!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen