Sonntag, 25. Mai 2014

Mobbing

Not a lot to report because I was on vaccation last week.

Sometimes I wish I haven't dived that deep into the dog world because since then I see dogs suffering every day.

Even though this is not directly related to stress I want to report about bullying.
The last day abroad I watched 2 little dogs "playing". One beeing a strong bully rolling the other one down again and again. Chasing him, mounting, blocking. I really felt sorry about the victim, who had no change to escape. Beeing forced to "play" with this unpolite dog. The two owners were talking not paying any attention to the scene.

I report about this situation not because I want to blame the owners but to start a discussion about this topic. Dogs are not always playing when the interact.
It's not only the bullied dog which touches my heart but the strong impact this situation might have on the owner-dog relationship. Imagine beeing the dog who can not understand why his owner forces him to meet his tormentor on a regular basis. And beeing the owner who only wants to give a little joy to his dog but mentally hurting him instead. It should be the mission of all dog people to teach owners and help dogs.
Always keep an eye on your dog because sometimes he needs your help to escape a situation.

I didn't have the possibility to make a video of the scene but watch this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLikICe9o8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7k0DBWMDQ

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen